This easy seasoned sea salt can be used on just about any kind of meat or vegetable. This is my go-to seasoning for everyday cooking because it’s mild and versatile. With just four ingredients, it comes together in a cinch, and I use organic ingredients to make it healthy and chemical free. It’s gluten free to boot because I control what goes in it.
I bought an all-purpose organic seasoned salt when I was out west last summer and I just loved it. It was mild and versatile and I used it on everything from chicken to beef to fish to veggies.
When I ran out, I thought I could just get online and order it again. Not so. It was not easy to find, and when I did finally find it, I would have had to pay extra for shipping from their site, and since I am pretty much a tightwad, that didn’t work for me.
Now, I know there are a bajillion seasoning blends out there, readily available at the grocery store, but many of them contain chemicals and ingredients I don’t want in my body. So I made up my own quick seasoning blend with organic herbs and seasonings and it works perfectly! I don’t have to be afraid of hidden gluten because I know what’s in it.
I use this on all kinds of meat and veggies–it’s my go to daily seasoning blend.
- I didn’t add pepper to mine, but you certainly could. I think white pepper would work well, but black could also be used.
- I like to use all organic ingredients to make it healthy.
- Not all garlic powder and onion powder is created equal. I bought some not long ago that was too powdery. I like very fine granules, but not the texture of baby powder. I got mine at a health food store out West.
- I like to mix it with my hands and pinch the parlsey flakes through my fingers to break them up into smaller bits as I am mixing.
- Obviously this recipe is very flexible and easy to customize to your liking.
- Remember that this is a seasoning salt, so use it as you would salt. You don’t want to add too much because your food could taste too salty.
- 6 tablespoons fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Mix all ingredients together and store at room temperature in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Use on steak, chicken, fish, vegetables…anything! (I use all organic ingredients.)