This light and creamy, sweet, chocolate dip is perfect for dipping spring strawberries in, as well as other fruit. It’s dairy and refined sugar free, but loaded with lots of delicious, chocolaty flavor!
I’m always trying to think of special, fun recipes that my grandsons will love, yet will be healthy for them too. This simple chocolate dip is perfect for dipping one of their favorites in, strawberries, and with no dairy to mess with their tummies.
This is like chocolate whipped cream but completely vegan, and could be used in a variety of ways. Besides using it as a dip like I have, it could be a frosting between cake layers or on cupcakes, or used to top pudding or ice cream, or even hot chocolate. It is so, so good!
- You could swap out the cacao for cocoa.
- You could swap out the coconut sugar for honey, but I think the sugar gives it a more neutral flavor.
- The vanilla is important because it helps mask the flavor of the coconut cream. I like the flavor myself, but some might not.
- Definitely chill your bowls and beaters to help it whip up light and fluffy.
- You could substitute two cans of full fat coconut milk that have been chilled in the fridge overnight. You will have more liquid to pour off and less solid, but it’s the same thing.
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut cream chilled overnight in fridge (not coconut milk or cream of coconut--I use Trader Joe's brand)
- 3 tablespoons organic coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder (can substitute with cocoa)
- Chill a medium bowl and beaters in freezer for ten minutes.
- Open can of coconut cream and pour off any liquid. Scoop out solid cream into the bowl. Whip on high speed until light and fluffy. Add remaining ingredients and continue whipping until fluffy and creamy. Serve with fresh berries or fruit to dip.