The more I use my Instant Pot, the more I fall in love.
If you need quick, easy and healthy, here ya go.
Seven ingredients. Bright colors and flavors. Mostly hands off cooking in your electric pressure cooker. Mine’s an Instant Pot. Best purchase I have made in a while.
Warm bowls of tangy lime and cilantro chicken and rice topped with creamy avocado slices. Really simple and delicious.
- I cooked this with lime juice, but then I hit it with the juice of another lime right after cooking, just to freshen it up.
- I like to add the cilantro at the end to keep it fresh tasting as well.
- Use regular brown rice and not quick cooking, or the time will vary greatly.
- I love this with creamy avocado, but you could top it with anything you want.
- Adjust for seasonings when done by tasting it. Some brands of chicken broth are saltier than others.
- 2½ cups water or chicken broth or stock
- The juice of 3 limes, divided, plus more for serving
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon coarse pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups brown rice (not quick cooking)
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓-1/2 cup chopped cilantro, plus more for serving
- Sliced Avocados (About ½ per serving)
- Place the water or chicken stock into the Instant Pot. Squeeze in the juice of 2 limes. Add the salt, pepper and rice and stir. Add the butter, then place the chicken breasts on top of the rice.
- Place lid on pot and lock. Make sure steam release valve is closed. Press manual and set time to 27 minutes. Use natural release when done.
- Carefully open lid and shred chicken using two forks. Squeeze in another lime and add ⅓ to ½ cup chopped cilantro and stir. Taste for salt and pepper and adjust if necessary.
- Spoon rice into bowls and top with sliced avocado. Garnish with extra cilantro and serve with lime wedges.