This two-ingredient side dish could not be easier or more delicious. It’s paleo and and comes together in just minutes. This is pure comfort food.
I’m still all googly-eyed about this bacon, so here I go with another bacon recipe. I am a huge fan of cabbage. It’s always available at my grocery store, it’s cheap, super healthy, and so tasty and versatile. Here’s a big bowl of it with very minimal ingredients. This is a perfect, quick side dish.
- You will want to use the slicing disk of your food processor, not the grating/shredding disk like you would to shred cheese. The shredding disk will give you a coleslaw like texture and I didn’t like that as well.
- Alternately, you could use a knife to slice it into thin slices.
- Honestly, use as much or as little bacon as you want. This is completely customizable to your taste.
- I love this with mashed potatoes. Pure comfort food. And some black eyed peas. Yes.
- 3-4 slices bacon
- 1 head cabbage
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop bacon into very small pieces. Core the cabbage and cut into small chunks to fit in food processor. Slice using the slicing blade, not the shredding/grating blade. (Using the shredding/grating blade will give you a fine cole-slaw texture and you want it in bigger slices. Alternately, you can slice by hand with a knife.)
- Heat the bacon in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until done, then add the cabbage. Reduce heat to medium. Stir a few times to coat cabbage with bacon grease, then place a lid on it and cook until soft., stirring occasionally, about 5-10 minutes. When soft, remove lid and season with salt and pepper.