I don’t even understand how there are people in the world who do not make lists. They keep my brain from exploding into a zillion bloody pieces of matter and they can do the same for you, non-list maker.
I have steno notebooks all over the house, and in my organizer, and in my purse, and then I also have my note app on my phone with a bunch of lists.
Let’s not forget Pinterest, which is kind of like a big, fat, pretty list with endless possibilities.
So I thought I would start a new feature on Mississippi Kitchen called……….TA-DA……….LISTS, where I can talk about anything I want, in numbered form, because it is statistically proven that numbered lists are easier to read than paragraphs.
[Bunny trail start–> And it’s like now that I’ve written the word ‘lists’ a few times this morning, it is starting to look weird to me (am I even spelling it right or should there be a C somewhere in it?), like when you stare at your nose in the mirror for a long time, and the longer you stare at it the more warped and gruesome it looks and *how* can you *ever* go out into public again with that hideous beast of a nose?!?! Or does this just happen to me? I should probably limit the amount of time I spend staring at my nose.–>Bunny trail end.]
So here’s a list for you. And I was going to keep it food related but I am not sure I can/want to do that. So these will be random lists, not to-do lists, but still easy to read and drama-free, and quite possibly life changing. But probably not.
1. I have made this Peanut Butter Pound Cake several times and it’s really, really good. (Do NOT over bake, though, because I did that one time and it wasn’t as moist, obviously, as it should have been.) The first time I made it I used the best ever milk chocolate glaze on it, which was thick and awesome and perfect, but for the life of me, I cannot find that glaze recipe on the internet, because I never pinned it or bookmarked it. So sad about that. (I was going to post an Instagram picture I had taken, but WordPress won’t let me?! Weird. PS. I think I usually double the peanut butter icing when I make this, but it’s been a while, so I can’t remember.)
2. I really like The Gracious Pantry. You should check her out. She has tons of clean eating recipes.
3. My plum trees have plums right now and there is something so homey and cozy and completely awesome about going into your backyard and picking fruit out of a tree that you grew yourself. (Except we did not plant the tree nor do we do anything to make it grow, but since we own the land, I feel like we have the right to say that we are growing the tree.)
4. It’s time for this:
5. Honey and Jam is another blog I love. Her pictures. Gah. She doesn’t update frequently, but still, her pictures. Gah.
6. Into photography? I just bought these Lightroom presets last night and I love them. I’m not sure if I would use them on my paying client’s pictures, but for quickie pictures of food and my family, yes.
7. These rainbow fruit pops are adorable and happy. I want to make them, but I don’t know if I have the patience to. But still, they are too cute.
On the agenda this weekend: Clean my out-of-control house, work on some behind the scenes blog issues, sis and niece coming to visit, edit one more senior session. And cook. Always cook.