Guess who turned three last week?
Him. That’s who. And he is a tad camera shy. Or camera rebellious. Whichever.
If you say look, he will do the exact opposite. And don’t even think you are going to put a birthday hat on him for any length of time.
But if you make a game out of running with some balloons, he’ll do that. Because running is not sitting still. Running is fun. His anthem is “Don’t Fence Me In.”
I love this little stinker to pieces. And he loved these bars:
So when Monster Cookies marry Revel Bars and produce offspring, this is what their baby looks like. Revel bars with peanut butter in the dough and dispersed with mini chocolate chips and colorful M & M’s and a fudgy-peanut buttery center.
The perfect birthday snack. Or PMS snack. Whichever.
Here are my notes:
-I made these in a 13 x 9-inch pan and they were very thick. Next time I am going with a larger pan so they will be a little thinner. They were delicious and fun, nonetheless.
-Don’t over bake. Just watch them and make sure they are not getting too brown on top.
-Cool completely before cutting and they will cut much better.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree. Spray a 9×13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine the oats, flour, baking soda, and 1 teaspoon salt in a mixing bowl; set aside. Beat 1 cup butter, 1/2 cup peanut butter, and the brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs and 2 teaspoons vanilla. Gradually beat in the flour mixture until mixed. Stir in the candy and 1 cup mini chocolate chips.
- In a medium saucepan, heat sweetened condensed milk, 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips, 1/2 cup peanut butter, 2 tablespoons butter, and 1/2 teaspoon salt over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat.
- Pat 2/3 of the oat mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread chocolate mixture evenly over the top, then dot with remaining oat mixture.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until golden brown on top. Let cool completely on a wire rack, then cut into bars.