Cranberry-Orange Butter

Do you want your Thanksgiving table to be all it can be?

Well do you, punk?

One of the easiest ways to add some pizazz to your Turkey day dinner is with a compound butter, and this one is a cinch.  My mom always makes this for Thanksgiving, but I never actually tried it until just a few years ago because way back in my youth I had labeled it “yucky”, and that stamp of disapproval carried over into my adulthood. One Thanksgiving not too long ago, I got the courage up to slather some on a hot roll.  I was hooked from then on.

Just three ingredients for this simple, sweet and slightly tart butter.  And I’ll tell you what,  I used the off brand for all of them to save a buck.

Cranberry-Orange Butter

2 sticks butter, softened to room temperature
1/3 cup whole cranberry sauce
2 tablespoons orange marmalade
Beat butter until fluffy.  Beat in cranberry sauce and orange marmalade.  Will keep several weeks in the fridge.

Comments

1. Mother of Three says

Yeah… Great value but horrible corporate responsibly cough walmart cough. Not to mention that “Great Value” products are made with chemicals and animal products… for example their grape jelly contains fish! What I am trying to say is please never endorse such products.

2. says

I made a batch of this tonight to take to my friends New Year dinner. I put it on the table with the deserts and later found it had been moved to the kitchen table where everyone was gathering. My friend John asked me what it was, and exclaimed how delicious it is. I told him it was Cranberry-Orange butter. All eyes got very big, then lots of laughter amid explanations that they had been eating it with a spoon it was so good! They did not realize it was butter. It really is THAT good! I used my cranberry salad made with whole cranberries, left over from Christmas dinner. My sister posted your recipe on my blog, http://www.heypaw.blogspot.com. I hope you don’t mind. I’m so glad she did because this is a keeper!!! Thank you.

3. says

Wish I’d seen this before Thanksgiving! What a great recipe. You could also make a pretty good compound butter using leftover cranberry sauce. What a great idea this is – thanks for posting!

4. says

Oh, this looks good! I’ve come to appreciate a lot of food that I’ve hated in my youth. This is evidenced by my increased waistline. I’ll be saving this recipe for Christmas use. :)

5. says

I made this years ago, but couldn’t find my recipe. This is exactly what I’m looking for to make for Thanksgiving tomorrow to share with my husband and our family. Thanks for sharing! I’m glad I found you – I’ll stop by your blog again.

6. says

I made this years ago and couldn’t find my recipe. This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks for sharing it. Glad I found it – and your blog. I’ll stop by again.

Trackbacks