Quick and Easy Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies

I love cheesecake and that’s kind of what these cookies taste like.  This recipe is a version of a recipe that I created for a contest a few years ago.  They are cheap, quick, and easy to do.  They don’t spread much, and they have a chewy inside and crispy outside.  It’s a great recipe for when you don’t want to fuss.

Quick and Easy Chocolate Chip Cheesecake Cookies

1 package (8-ounces) cream cheese, softened to room temperature

1/2 cup butter, softened to room temperature

1 cup sugar

1 cup all-purpose flour

3/4 cup semisweet chocolate mini-chips

1/3 semisweet chocolate chips, regular or mini-size, if desired

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Beat the cream cheese, butter and sugar together until creamy.  Add flour and mix until dough forms.  Stir in 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips.
  2. Drop by heaping teaspoonfuls or a cookie scoop onto a baking sheet that has been lightly sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.  Bake for 18-22 minutes or edges are light golden brown.  Let cool for 2 minutes on baking sheet, then transfer to wire rack.
  3. If desired, melt 1/3 cup chocolate chips and stir until smooth.  Drizzle over cookies.  Cool completely.  About 36 cookies.

Comments

1. says

The bottoms burn so easily. I cooked mine for 18 mins on 350 and half of them were burned! I also added vanilla and I think next time I’ll toss in a little salt. I also wonder how you got your chocolate thin enough to drizzle as nicely as you did. I had to dab mine on because I couldn’t get it smooth enough without burning it.

2. Anonymous says

These are amazing! I just made them, some with chips and some without (because I’m weird) and both versions are quickly disappearing from my kitchen. They kind of make me think of soft and fluffy shortbread.

3. Anonymous says

Did I miss something? No baking soda, no baking powder, no salt, no egg. What gives them the rounded shape because from the ingredients it looks like they would spread out and be flat?

4. says

Just found you through Pinterest. LOVE your tag line “Don’t blame me if you get fat!” Lol!

Am already looking at some of your recipes and know I’m in trouble! Will be trying this one for sure.

5. says

Is the dough supposed to be very soft? I followed the above recipe and actually used more than one cup of flour because the dough was so soft. Do you use more than just the one cup?

6. says

Lori:
    What a beautiful blog. I’ve tried to access it before but I wasn’t able to. I could only get to your home page. I’ll be back often. YOur photos are gorgeous and I can’t wait to browse through your recipes. I’ll add your blog as a link on mine today, if that’s OK with you.

Trackbacks